A guide on how to remove black bars in The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes.
How to Remove Black Bars
In this guide, I will show you, how to remove black bars on wide screens(16:9,16:10,21:9,32:9).
- You need to download the Flawless Widescreen program.
- Download the fix and install it in the folder with Flawless Widescreen
- Open the program and make sure that the fix is turned on. The fix can be turned on before starting the game, or during the game.
- Don’t forget to rate this guide 😉
An example of how the fix works, before and after:
When the fix is on, there is a small drop in FPS (5-15%),instead of black bars, a full picture is rendered. If the FPS sags heavily, then I recommend decreasing the graphics in
- C:\Users \Your Name User\AppData\Local\HouseOfAshes\Saved\Config\WindowsnoEditor file GameUserSettings.ini
We need these values:
- def – default value rec- guide recommend
- sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000(def) 90-95 (rec)
- sg.PostProcessQuality=3(def) 2(rec)
The rec value will raise the fps to a level without fixing and do not degrade the graphics. If the fps is still low, play with values from 0 to 3 both with values above and with these:
Before manipulating, I advise you to copy the original file in order to return the default settings in case of anything.