Useful tips for big and mini bosses (moves, attacks, spawns, drops, etc.) in Terraria 1.4 Journey’s End Update.
Moon Lord’s attack pattern has been slightly tweaked to be more consistent, as the different eyes would become desynced over time, resulting in a more random fight (which was not intended). In addition, the amount of time that his forehead eye spends open is slightly increased.
Moon Lord’s Phantasmal Death Ray will now penetrate blocks that are between it and the player.
Enemies should no longer spawn during Moon Lord’s fight, unless they spawn outside of his radius in multiplayer.
Moon Lord will now drop his loot even if you die during his death animation.
Golem attacks more aggressively the more players are present in Expert, and also slightly harder to cheese.
Golem will now enrage when out of the jungle or on the surface.
Plantera’s Tentacle Chompers now have health scaling in Expert Multiplayer.
Expert Skeletron Prime now moves faster when spinning.
Brain of Cthulhu
Expert Brain of Cthulhu and his Creepers now have increased knockback resistance per player present on a server, ultimately becoming immune to knockback.
Brain of Cthulhu’s Creepers now have health scaling in Expert Multiplayer.
Eater of Worlds
Eater of Worlds now has more segments, even more so in Expert Mode.
King Slime is now somewhat harder to abuse with ropes.
Martian Saucers in difficulties below Expert no longer have a phase two, and die as soon as their turrets are destroyed.
There are now less Martian Saucers per invasion, and they are less likely to chain spawn.
Martian Saucers can now shoot their death beam through blocks. However, they are slower and their beams easier to avoid.
Mini Bosses (Enemies)
Now inflict the Blindness debuff and drop Blindfolds.
Now inflicts the Cursed debuff.
Giant Cursed Skull
Now inflicts the Cursed debuff on contact and via projectile, and drops Nazars.
- Head Damage decreased from 16 to 14
- Body and Tail Damage decreased from 10 to 7
- Life decreased from 50 to 40
- Reduced size
Only 1 Tomb Crawler should spawn at a time under normal circumstances.
- Damage increased from 10 to 15
- Life increased from 40 to 50
- Knockback multiplier decreased from 0.8 to 0.7
Now only spawns as uncommon enemies in the Underground Desert.
- Money drop value increased from 90 Copper to 3 Silver
- Flying Fish are now slightly less common on Rainy Days
- Damage increased from 50 to 60
- Defense increased from 20 to 25
- Life increased from 400 to 800
- Knockback multiplier decreased from 0.4 to 0.2
- They now attack much faster
- Happy Bombs now explode when near the player
- They now throw Chattering Teeth Bombs as well
Etherian Lightning Bug
- Projectile Damage increased from 20 to 100
- Note: This was actually an accidental placeholder number. It did 1 damage to the Etherian Crystal, and was likely to do the same to most players
- Decreased Javelin Damage from 48 to 36
- Defense decreased from 10 to 6
- Javelin Damage decreased from 48 to 36
- Max speed decreased from 4 to 3
- Money drop value decreased from 1.3 Silver to 1 Silver
- Bone Throwing Skeletons (Expert Only)
- Projectile Damage decreased from 80 to 60
- Purple, Red, Yellow, and Black Slimes now drop 1-3 extra gel each
- Man Eater type enemies can no longer be killed by mining the block they are attached to
- Umbrella Slime money drop value increased from 25 Copper to 1 Silver
- Granite Elementals can no longer fly through walls
- Beehive Bees in the Jungle will now target enemies as well as the player (not including the Queen Bee)
- Terraria 1.4 – Useful Tips for NPCs, Critters, and Enemies (Spawns, Bosses, Money)
- Terraria 1.4 – Best Drops and Fishing (Biome, Wood, Gold, Dungeon) Guide
- Terraria 1.4 – Guide to Ocean Lucky Coin and Slime Staff Money Farm
- Terraria 1.4 – All Bosses and Loots (Slime, Moon, Empress, etc.)
- Terraria – Zenith Sword in 1.4 (How to Craft)
- Terraria 1.4 – How to Get Best Weapons (Super Star Shooter, Celebration MK2)
- Terraria 1.4 – The Best Defense Guide (Expert and Master Mode)
- Terraria 1.4 – How to Find Queen Slime (New Boss)
- Terraria (tModLoader) – Guide to Mods (Housing, Golf, New Boss)
- Terraria 1.4 – How to Get Godly Nightglow (Magic Weapon) and Find Empress of Light (Boss)
- Terraria (Journey 1.4) – How to Get Moon Legs (Secret)
- Terraria 1.4 – Guide to Luck (Torches, Potions, Gnomes, and Ladybugs)
- Terraria 1.4 – All Bats Guide
- Terraria 1.4 – How to Get Amphibian Boots and Craft Lavaproof (Hot Fishing)
- Terraria 1.4 – How to Find Dreadnautilus, Empress of Light (Boss) and Get Lava Shark