This guide will help you on how to install Tmodloader to Terraria 1.4 Journey’s End and use it correctly to add a fascinating spice to your game.
- It is necessary to have “Tmodloader” installed with your Terraria game in order to be able to download and access mods. Installing Tmodloader for older Terraria used to be a bit of a pain in the butt for some people, but the new updates introduced to the game made things much easier. You might have read the Terraria news concerning the small changes made to modding, as now you can open the store page and find “Tmodloader” as a free community DLC available for everyone who has purchased the base game.
- The process is quite easy and stress-free, simply click “install” knowing that you have the base Terraria game installed, and then you will be able to access Tmodloader from your Steam Library, where you can run it separately from Vanilla Terraria.
The Mod Browser
Upon opening the game, you will be greeted with a Main Menu screen similar to the one for Vanilla Terraria, but with a few minor differences and extra Menu options.
If this is your first time using Tmodloader, select the “Mod Browser” option to start downloading whatever Terraria mods you fancy.
- Opening the Mod Browser will show you a number of Mod suggestions. Each Mod comes with 2 buttons, the first button is for downloading the mod in order to play it, and the second one shows you detailed information about the contents of the mod and the changes it will bring to your game. Some mods come with a 3rd option, which is to “Download with dependencies” and this is simply for mods that add or fix a feature in an already-existing mod, so you must have the original base mod downloaded before you can download this addon.
Accessing your Mods
- Once your desired mods have been downloaded from the Community Mod Browser, You may now access them in the “Mods” option found in your Main Menu.
- Here you can see all your downloaded mods, and you still have access to the detailed information for each mod by clicking the question mark “?” button on the right. You can also choose between enabling or disabling your mods, which (obviously) switches between their activation in-game, as some players may want to disable a mod further on in their world. Note, however, that enabling a mod that was disabled will require you to restart the game for the changes to take place. You can also delete mods by clicking the “more information” option on a mod and clicking the “delete” button found at the bottom.
- Both the Mod Browser and the Mods Menu have a search tool in the top right corner of the window, where the player can type the name of a Mod or a Mod Author to display the desired results.
- To wrap it up, i liked to share my own opinion of incredible Terraria Mods that you should try out, as I’ve had many experiences with different mods in this game. I will include a list of big mods that drastically boost the amount of contents in the game, and a list of smaller mods that make small or minor, yet amazing changes to your Ordinary Terraria.
Personal Favourites: HUGE Mods:
- Thorium Mod
- Calamity Mod
- Terraria Overhaul
- Super Terraria World
- Weapon Out
Personal Favourites: ˢᵐᵃˡˡ Mods:
- Magic Storage
- Yet Another Boss Healthbar
- Recipe Browser
- Wing Slot
By Das Boi
- Terraria – How To Fix Terraria 1.4 Launch Game (Stuck in 1.3)
- tModLoader (Terraria 1.3) – Best Mods (Recommendations)
- Terraria 1.4 – How to Unlock Map with All Items (Save Game File) and Cheat (Trainer)
- Terraria 1.4 – Download Journey Character (Unlocked and Researched)
- Terraria (tModLoader) – Guide to Mods (Housing, Golf, New Boss)
- Terraria 1.4 – The Easter Eggs and Two Evils World in Journey (How to Access)
- Terraria – How to Beat Tree (5 Steps: Best Technique)
- Terraria (Journey 1.4) – How to Get Moon Legs (Secret)
- Terraria 1.4 – Save File and Mod Folder Location
- Terraria 1.4 – Duplicating Any Item Guide (How to)
- Terraria 1.4 – How to Find Queen Slime (New Boss)
- Terraria 1.4 – How to Fix Stuck Keybindings (PC Controls and Controller: PS4-Xbox)
- Terraria (Update 1.4.3) – How to Cheat (Unlimited Resources)
- Terraria 1.4 – How to Find Dreadnautilus, Empress of Light (Boss) and Get Lava Shark
- Terraria – How to Cook Ramen