Discover the Starship Troopers: Extermination mechanics guide, a comprehensive overview of the game provided by Vince from Dad’s Gaming Addiction. Explore the pre-early access build of this first-person shooter cooperative online game, complete with tips, gameplay footage, and insights into its current state. Uncover the available classes, weapons, and objectives, while also learning about the game’s limitations, performance issues, and potential for improvement. Join the troopers in their battle against the bug hives on Planet Falaka and witness the potential of this promising but bare-bones gaming experience.
Starship Troopers Extermination’s Mechanics Guide
Welcome to the Starship Troopers Extermination’s Guide. In this guide, we will provide an overview of the game, its features, gameplay mechanics, and known issues. Please note that the information presented here is based on a pre-early access build and is subject to change.
Starship Troopers Extermination is a cooperative online first-person shooter set in the Starship Troopers universe. As a player, you will join a team of 16 other players in completing various missions against hordes of bugs. The game currently lacks a single-player mode and private servers, so you will queue up with other players to complete missions.
Classes and Loadouts
- There are three available classes: Hunter, Bastion, and Operator.
- Each class has different weapons and special abilities.
- Weapons and utilities can be unlocked as you level up your character.
- Perks are also unlocked as you progress.
- Currently, the game offers only one mission type: AAS (Capture Territory).
- AAS missions involve capturing territory and building a foothold on a planet.
- Other mission types, such as The Arc and Horde, are under development.
- Despite being a co-op first-person shooter, the game features a rudimentary building system.
- You can use the build tool in specific areas to construct walls, towers, and headquarters.
- Building is necessary during certain parts of the mission, such as defending against bug attacks.
- The tutorial does not cover combat, focusing only on the building mechanics.
- Windowed mode may be bugged, causing issues with capturing the game using OBS.
- The cursor does not lock to the screen, leading to accidental window resizes during gameplay.
- The game’s performance may be poor, especially under pressure or when encountering many bugs.
- Lag and freezing issues have been reported, even on high-end systems.
- Music may be muted to avoid potential copyright issues.
- Due to performance issues, it is advisable to set the graphics quality to the lowest possible settings.
- Windowed mode may be necessary for capturing the game with OBS, but be aware of potential cursor issues.
- Adjust other settings as per your preference and system capabilities.
Starship Troopers Extermination is currently in a bare-bones state but shows potential for improvement. While the game has some issues and limitations, such as performance and limited content, it offers an exciting cooperative experience within the Starship Troopers universe. We hope that the developers address the known issues and further enhance the game before its official launch.
- None Found