A guide on how to make refining faster in Scrap Mechanic.
Refining Faster Guide (How to Make)
Modifying the Game’s Files
First go to your Scrap Mechanic folder, for go to your library, right click on:
- Scrap Mechanic->Properties->Local Files->Browse Local Files.
Now you should have a windows explorer window opened at the game’s root, so next go to the folder:
Now you should see a bunch of .lua files, scroll down to a file named “HarvestCore.lua” and open it with a text editor, and then do Ctrl+F and search for “client_refineTime =” you should land on a line that says “self.client_refineTime = 8.0” that 8.0 is the time in second it takes to refine by hand, I changed that to 0.5, but you can change that to whatever you want, however I haven’t tested 0.0 and it’s probably safe to assume negative values aren’t a good idea too so watch out for that.
With your value changed save your file and you’re done! Enjoy refining by hand not being so painfully long anymore.
Help, Warning & Bonus
If you mess up the change and save it by accident, try Ctrl+Z to revert the changes and then save it again, if that doesn’t work go to your library, right click on Scrap Mechanic->Properties->Local Files->Verify Integrity of Games Files, it will check all of the game’s files see if any is broken or missing, and redownload them.
Also keep in mind updates might break this “mod”, so if it doesn’t work suddendly after an update you’ll have to modify the file again, devs might also change the code rendering this guide useless or outdated.
I will also not be responsible to any damage you do to your game or savefile, though the worst that will ever happen is probably just a game crash when you try to manually refine, so you are not risking much if anything at all.
Finally if you know lua, well, I probably don’t have to tell you but you can snoop around, for example in Survival->Scripts->game->SurvivalPlayer.lua you can modify “FoodLostPerSecond” / “WaterLostPerSecond” / “BreathLostPerTick” to 0 to get no hunger, thirst and infinite breath, I haven’t tried it though, also in Survival->Scripts->game->interactables you can probably do a bunch of cool stuff too, though once again especially if you don’t know what you’re doing, I’m not responsible for whatever happens, better safe than sorry so if you’re not sure about what you’re doing, don’t do it.
by COOL TOMATO
- Scrap Mechanic Survival – How to Be Developer (How to Enable)
- Scrap Mechanic – How to Reduce Survival Grind (File Locations) and Boost Speed (Vehicle)
- Scrap Mechanic – How to Modify Craft Recipes (Guide)
- Scrap Mechanic – How to Enable Mod in Survival?
- Scrap Mechanic – How to Save a Static Build into Lift (On Ground)
- Scrap Mechanic – How to Place Soil Elsewhere (Roof, Buildings on Metal)
- Scrap Mechanic Survival – How to Enable Mods (Corn Collision, Cell Coordinates, etc.)
- Scrap Mechanic – Save File Location
- Scrap Mechanic – How to Change Keybindings (Remapping)
- Scrap Mechanic – How to Build a Plane in Survival
- Scrap Mechanic – How to Regrow Trees and How to Find Weapons
- Scrap Mechanic – How to Find Items-Materials (Oil, Milk, Ember Beeswax)
- Scrap Mechanic Survival – How to Add Custom Recipes
- Scrap Mechanic (Survival Mode) – Cheat Codes (How to Enable)
- Scrap Mechanic – How to Get Scrap Metal and Remove Trash, Craft Bot (Best Tip)