A guide on how photos make extra money in Phasmophobia and common questions and their answers (FAQ) for it.
How Photos Make Extra Money
There are several photo opportunities that can provide extra money and these are:
- Dead bodies. Yes, get rich of your dead friends…
- Voodoo dolls which reside on the farmhouse maps.
- Bloody Cleaver, in Bleasdale Farmhouse, Living Room (On the Table).
- Dirty water.
- Ouija boards.
- Door being creaked open by a ghost and other ghostly interactions.
- Ghost itself.
Common Questions (FAQ)
Q: How do I find a ghost on a bigger map like Asylum or High School?
A: Use sound sensors, and thermometers. Split up the party and go in different directions checking each room whilst also saying “Show us a sign”. A door should creak, a tap will run or a phone will ring for you to home into.
Q: Do I need to bring the equipment back to the truck?
A: No you don’t need to bring it back. The only time you lose equipment is when you die during a round but depending on difficulty you’ll get some insurance money back.
Q: How do I use crucifixes to prevent a hunt?
A: If it’s a large room place both the crucifixes in that room evenly spread out for maximum efficiency. If a small room place one inside, and one outside in the hallway or an adjacent room. Then you just need it to start a hunt. Also worth having someone in the truck to tell you once the objective is complete.
Additional Note: Crucifixes only have two charges, so each crucifix can prevent up to two hunts.
Q: How do I use the ouija board?
A: Activate the board so you can see it glowing and ask a question like “Where are you?” The ghost will then respond by moving the planchette on the board and spelling out it’s answer. If the lights flicker, then this means you have taken a 40% sanity hit.
Q: How do I use a spirit box?
A: Go in the room or very close to where the ghost is haunting and ask questions in local or global chat. This can be either on the floor, or in your hand. If the ghost prefers to be active when people are alone, you will need to do this alone.
Q: How do I use smudge sticks?
A: With a lighter in your inventory press “F” whilst the smudge stucks [burrito/massive joint] is equipped then walk with it into the haunted room or chuck it in.
Q: What do smudge sticks do?
A: They give you additional time to hide when the ghost enters it’s hunting phase.
Q: How do I use the parabolic microphone?
A: Best on larger maps like Asylum/High School as it’s range is incredibly long, it’s basically a sniper. If you see the number spike above 8, go in that direction, also worth going in the direction if it’s picking up sound but no one else is in the building. Be careful as your team mates can also make noise which the the parabolic microphone will detect.
Q: Are footprints, fingerprints?
A: No, footprints do not count as evidence for fingerprints. Instead the footprints can show you the ghosts patrolling path. Along with getting you some extra money from the footprint photo.
Q: What are freezing tempetures?
A: Below 0°C or 32°F. You’ll also be able to see your breath.
Q: How do you turn off the annoying car alarm?
A: Find the car keys then left-click on either front doors of the car.
Q: Can you take photos of the ghost on the CCTV monitor?
A: No, photos taken over the CCTV monitor will not count as a ghost in your journal.
Q: What counts as a Ghost Event?
A: Ghost slamming a door, singing, gurgling or hissing in your ear, showing itself in your face. The ghost entering it’s hunt phase and/or killing someone is not an event.
Q: What does levelling up do?
A: You gain access to new equipment, levels and difficulties.
Q: How do I reset my save/level?
A: You can delete your savedata.txt file in “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Kinetic Games\Phasmophobia\” repository. You’ll also need to ensure that steam could is not enabled: right-click Phasmophobia in steam, go to the “Updates” tab and untick “Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Phasmophobia“.
Q: Why are there lobbies that exceed four players or have coloured usernames?
A: These are modded lobbies and it’s recommended to avoid them at all cost, as they can corrupt your save. Devs are aware of this.
- Phasmophobia – All the Voice Recognition Keys: Questions (Ghost, Ouija Board, and More)
- Phasmophobia – All Questions and Answers (Ghosts, Ouija, Spirit Box)
- Phasmophobia – How to Find Smudge Sticks, Glowsticks, and Voodoo Doll
- Phasmophobia – Tips for Lighter, Candle, Salt, Crucifix, and More
- Phasmophobia – How to Locate and Identify Ghost (Easy Methods)
- Phasmophobia – Best Strategies and Tips
- Phasmophobia – Guide to Truck, Location, Hunt, and Camera
- Phasmophobia – Where to Find Pictures in-game and What is Misconceptions (Tips)
- Phasmophobia – Ultimate Crucifix Guide (Not Working, Broken, Disappearing, and More)
- Phasmophobia – Advanced Gameplay Tips (How to Survive the Hunt, Sanity, and More)
- Phasmophobia – Guide to Escaping Ghost (Easy Way)
- Phasmophobia – How to Complete All Optional Tasks
- Phasmophobia – How to Get All Photo Rewards
- Phasmophobia – Tools Guide (Thermometer, Infrared Sensor, Tripod, Pills, and More)
- Phasmophobia – How to Become Professional Investigator