It is a guide to truck, location, hunt, and camera in Phasmophobia.
Guide to Truck, Location, Hunt, and Camera
Take a look around the truck, get acquainted with your surroundings. You will notice a few things.
1. You will notice a monitor. This is the CCTV system and will allow you to see the cameras you have placed, as well as on the map.
2. There is a whiteboard that will list your objectives, as well as give info on the ghost such as name, or if it reacts to everyone or only people who are alone.
3. There is a map for the layout of the building. There is a square button you can use to cycle the floors. Most important thing to note here is a green battery. This is where the locations power source is located.
4. The EMF chart. Confusion here, this chart is not used for the EMF evidence. This is simply a reading of the total activity within the location.
5. The shelves house the equipment you bring in!
After you are ready, click the keypad to leave. Once you open the door to the location, your timer begins.
Your goal is to find the ghost and gather 3 pieces of evidence to determine what it is. Personally, what has worked best for me is to take out your EMF reader and walk around the location quickly saying “*insert name here* can you give us a sign.” Listen for doors opening, objects falling, humming, croaking, moaning. Watch to see if a light turns on, or see if a radio kicks on. Asking the ghost to give you a sign increases the chances of all these things and can help you quickly hone in on where it is at. Once you get a spike on the EMF reader, that is the room your ghost will haunt*(see below). They will remain in this room about 80% of the time***. Keep that in the back of your mind as we go over several of the items. After 5 minutes of entering the house, your sanity will begin to drain. It drains much quicker in the dark. The lower your sanity is, the more likely the ghost will attack, or that paranormal events will occur. Note, the Ghost can attack at anytime, even within the first 5 minutes***.
*Probably the room your ghost is haunting. There is a chance they may have roamed out of it into a nearby room. Use other items covered in the guide to help you pinpoint the ghost if that was the case.
From here, you will want to deploy your cameras, ghost writing book, turn off all the lights and do a spirit box session. Are you able to see your breath? Take a UV light and check any doors, windows, lightswitches and see if you can find anything. Once you have 3 pieces of evidence, mark it in your journal and get out! (Note, in my experience getting the 3rd piece of evidence can be a pain in the butt. Just be patient!
You will also be presented with 3 other objectives chosen at random. Things such as prevent a hunt using the crucifix, use smudge sticks, witness a ghost event, etc. These are worth getting if possible for the extra income!
So, you’re setting up your cameras, book, etc. Suddenly, your heart pounds, all the lights begin to flicker, and your flashlight is malfunctioning. You need to react, and quick, the ghost has begun what’s known as the hunting phase. Do not run to an exit, the door will be closed and locked. You need to break line of sight with the ghost, and hide! Closets, lockers, bathrooms, you will have about 5 seconds before the ghost begins coming for you. Stay quiet as well, they can hear you through your mic! If you’re in multiplayer and someone is in the truck, they will notice the location activity will be spiked at 10 during the hunt. The hunt can last anywhere from a few seconds, to minutes from what I’ve seen. Wait it out, stay quiet, and pray.
The Video Camera
The Video Cameras act as a static item that you can place around the map. They are then viewed from the truck. You can use the mouse to cycle through any cameras you have placed, as well as any static cameras that are placed by default on the map itself. (Note, if the locations power is off, the map cameras will be disabled). These cameras are used to gather the Ghost Orb evidence. You will see bright orbs that fly by the camera. To see these orbs, you will need to place the camera in or near the room that the ghost is inhabiting, and ensure that the lights are off.
Cameras can also be placed on tripods if you so desire.
The Still Camera
This guy is going to be your money maker in the start! You will only get 5 pictures on each, so here’s the things to take pictures of that I have discovered so far.
- 1. Bones on the Ground
- 2. Fingerprints on doors.
- 3. The ghost itself!!!
- 4. Dirty water in sinks.
- 5. The EMF reader spiking.
- 6. Writing in the ghost book.
There may be more items to take pictures of, but this is all I have discovered so far. Some of these may not be accurate either, as they feel inconsistent on whether or not I am awarded money.
- Phasmophobia – How to Become Professional Investigator
- Phasmophobia – Guide to the Evidence (EMF Level 5, Fingerprints, and More)
- Phasmophobia – Tips for Lighter, Candle, Salt, Crucifix, and More
- Phasmophobia – Where to Hide in Hunting Phase, All Evidence Photographs, and More
- Phasmophobia – Best Strategies and Tips
- Phasmophobia – Advanced Gameplay Tips (How to Survive the Hunt, Sanity, and More)
- Phasmophobia – Where to Find Pictures in-game and What is Misconceptions (Tips)
- Phasmophobia – How to Locate and Identify Ghost (Easy Methods)
- Phasmophobia – Ultimate Crucifix Guide (Not Working, Broken, Disappearing, and More)
- Phasmophobia – All Questions and Answers (Ghosts, Ouija, Spirit Box)
- Phasmophobia – How to Bring Back Losing Items Without Any Effort
- Phasmophobia – Useful Tips for Hunting, Evidence, Orbs, and More
- Phasmophobia – All the Voice Recognition Keys: Questions (Ghost, Ouija Board, and More)
- Phasmophobia – How to Get All Photo Rewards
- Phasmophobia – Tips for Expert Map