A guide to how to transfer vita saves to the PC (for Persona 4 Golden).
How to Transfer Vita Saves to PC?
First of all, this guide is credited to u/RottedRabbitAgain from Reddit (Original post here). I am simply posting the guide here to make it more known for those who have a Vita save and wish to bring it over to continue where they left off.
You can do this with or without a modded Vita! I will give both ways to do so.
WARNING – There appears to be an issue when doing this with New Game Plus saves. It may or may not work for those. Be sure to back up all ur saves!
Modded Vita Walkthrough
You need a modded vita, a Hex Editor, and an FTP client, and to make a save data on PC (You also must transfer the same data slot, i.e. save in slot 5 if you are transferring a save from it).
1. Open Vitashell, Navigate to Ux0:user/00/savedata/GAMEID (for my persona 4 this is PCSB00245 but I think it varies by region).
2. Hover over the GAMEID and press triangle then select open decrypted
3. Connect to your pc via ftp and copy over. (alternatively copy the saves to your ux0 root on your vita and transfer via usb)
4. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\USERID\1113000\remote and copy the save there
5. Get the MD5 checksum of the data file ( you can do this here)
6. open DATAXXXX.binslot (corresponding with your save file number) and replace these highlighted characters with the MD5 checksum
7. Launch the game and load the file (dont worry if it says the same name and date as before)
8. You will get an error message, click off it and the game should load fine. Save over the file and you’re done!
Vanilla Vita Walkthrough
Credit for reddit user u/Tjoeb123 for giving this info
1. Backup the game using Content Manger (this also works if you have a physical copy; only difference is much less files to copy/decrypt),
2.then use psvimgtools-frontend (NOT the EasyFrontEnd version) to decrypt the resulting .psvimg files
3. Once you have done that, navigate to the output folder and start from step 5 of original guide.
- Persona 4 Golden – How to Fix Stutter, Extract, and Edit P4G Cutscenes
- Persona 4 Golden (PC) – How to Find and Replace or Delete Save File
- Persona 4 Golden – How to Fix Intro (PS2 Mod)
- Persona 4 Golden – How to Fix Cutscenes (Temporary Opening & Lag)
- Persona 4 Golden – How to Get Subtitles In Cutscenes
- Persona 4 Golden (PC) – How to Store and Mod Soundtracks (Rebuilding, Extracting)
- Persona 4 Golden – The Reaper Becomes Reaped Achievement (How to Get Easily)
- Persona 4 Golden – How to Unlock the Secret Boss and Achievement
- Persona 4 Golden – How to Beat Boss (Secret) and True Ending
- Persona 4 Golden – True Golden Ending Walkthrough
- Persona 4 Golden – Useful Tips for Rank, Adachi, Marie, Golden End Requirements
- Persona 4 Golden – Useful Tips for Beginners (Battle, Social Links, Time)
- Persona 4 Golden – How to Fuse Izanagi-No-Okami (Protagonist’s Ultimate Persona)
- Persona 4 Golden – All Side Quests 2 (Yukiko’s Castle, Striptease, Void, Heaven, Secret, Bonus)
- Persona 4 Golden – Best Difficulty PC Settings (How to Change) and Soundtracks