This guide will help you about issues of Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Been getting the “receiving server data” issue to often and waiting for it to process. Along with lengthy and unreliably matchmaking.
I decided to a quick dive for a solution.
What does this tweak do?
It makes anything from halo have administrator rights.
Step 1: Locate Your Install Location
- 1. Search for Halo in the search bar.
- 2. Right-click Halo.
- 3. Select properties.
- 4. Select the “Local files” tab.
- 5. Select “Browse local files”.
Step 2: Searching for Files
- 6. In the search bar type ” .exe ” and wait a little bit.
- 7. Make sure these files show up.
Step 3: The Tweak (Repeat for Other .exe)
- 8. Right click an .exe and select properties.
- 9. Select the “Compatibility tab”.
- 10. Check the checkbox for “Run this program as an administrator.
- 11. Select “apply” then “ok”.
- 12. Repeat for remainder .exe files
Another Matchmaking Fix in Game
- Turn off “relays” in the “Network Settings” menu.
- 1. Be in the game.
- 2. Options and careers (Bottom left, or just pause).
- 3. Go to settings.
- 4. Go to Network.
- 5. Ensure “Relays” is “OFF”.
- I guess this is some kind of VPN style option if enabled.
Other Known Issues (Not Matchmaking)
Problem: Programs that can affect HALO: MCC performance.
- ICUE (From corsair).
- Logitech Ghub (From logitech).
- Snyapse (From Razer).
Solution: Disable / Close programs.
Problem: When using Bluetooth-connected headphones with Halo: Reach PC, users may lose audio after opening the game’s main menu. Microsoft has acknowledged the issue, attributed to how the title prioritizes devices, with a simple step-by-step fix available.
Problem: Unlocked framerate causes many stability issues.
- If you have a 60hz monitor don’t bother with uncapped framerate. Stay on “60 fps”, as your monitor will only show 60 frames a second no matter what.
- People over 60hz who want stability will have to deal with a 60hz framerate cap. Physics and stuff can get real weird when calculate at different frames and with big frame drops.
Problem: Audio issues, things don’t exactly sound the same as the original.
Solution: There is no solution for now, porting over audio along with effects is apparently challenging. Wait for patch / updates.
Written by Peter Ze Pan Thrower/Loler920a
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary – How to Fix Errors
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection – How to Host and Find Custom Servers – Guide
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection – Complete Weapon Guide for Multiplayer