A guide on where to get oil (on map) in New World.
Where to Get Oil (on Map)
Oil – Oil is obtained from Seeping Stone, in a rare areas of the game world. Such a field looks like a small depression in the ground with stones on the sides and a small amount of oil (Keep in mind, it’s black gold!) inside. Therefore, take a closer look, perhaps a whole oil field is hidden somewhere nearby. Depending on the area of the deposit: small, regular or large, the reward and the time for collecting the resource increase.
Seeping stone New World
You can start extracting oil from level 20 of the mining skill (Mining). When your mining level catches 45, you will be able to track oil using the compass, which is located at the top center of the screen. This will greatly simplify the search for seeping stone. Therefore, you should first think about pumping your mining skill to 45, and then stock up some oil or maybe even sell on the trading floor. Oil is also used in many recipes for furniture, potions and magic weapons.
Oil trading on the market
Oil could be found in few initial zones:
In [Monarch’s Bluffs] (https://new-world.guide/ru-RU ‘Monarch’s Bluffs starting location in New World’), but in small quantities.
And just one source is located in [First Light] (https://new-world.guide/ru-RU ‘The starting location of the First Light in New World’). Therefore, you should not count on its production here.
A large seeping stone is located in the game zone [Weaver’s Fen](https://new-world.guide/ru-RU ‘Weaver’s Fen location in New World’), and a slightly smaller field in Cultlass Keys. The competition for oil, as in the real world, will be fierce, so never miss on a chance to extract it. The minimum recharge of even the smallest oil field takes about 9 minutes.
Respawn (Cooldown) time for seeping stone is random
But within a range:
From 8m to 12m for small one, while extraction will take 35s
From 11m to 15m for medium field, spending 45s on it
From 12m to 17m after harvesting large one and it will take 70s
For extraction you will also get mining XP and char XP:
105XP and 20 for small seeping stone
158XP and 25 for medium oil deposit
237XP and 35 for big lake of oil
Also keep in mind that numbers above is base ones, they will change in game based on your trading skills level. You will get more XP and gathering will take less time
Here is a map to help you found oil easily! Such a map for each resource could be found in our database, so don’t forget to checkout it out!
- New World – How to Locate Petalcap в (on Map)
- New World – Where to Get Fibers
- New World – Fishing Guide (Material, Bait, Oil, and More)
- New World – Dayspring Barley Side Story Quest
- New World – How to Level up Fastly
- New World – The Best Performance Guide (Tweaks)
- New World – Hilltop Hops Side Story Quest Walkthrough
- New World – Of the Heart Side Story Quest Walkthrough
- New World – All Settlements, Outposts, Watchtowers on Map
- New World – How to Boost FPS (the Best Settings for AMD, NVIDIA)
- New World – Powder Kegs Side Story Quest Walkthrough
- New World – All Boss and Elite Boss Guide on Map
- New World – How to Fix Errors, Black Screen, Issues, Problems
- New World – How to Fix “Connection Failed”
- New World – All Arena, Expedition, Fort on Map