I am encountering game errors (easy anti-cheat, black screen, latency- graphics issues and more) when starting New World Preview, what can I do?
How to Fix Errors When Starting Game
There are a few different solutions that have worked for users with errors on launching the game:
- Run a Steam Integrity Check for New World
- Uninstall and Reinstall New World
- Reinstall Easy Anti-Cheat
- Make sure your Windows install is fully up to date
- Make sure you are not running a beta version of Windows via the Insider Program for Windows 10
Not Installed Easy Anti-Cheat or Find It?
Go to here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\New World Public Test\EasyAntiCheat
graphical issues, what should I do?
Make sure your graphics drivers are completely up to date. If the issue persists, try to use the Steam Integrity Check on your install.
I select my character and click Play but only get a black screen and then disconnected. This worked before but not now. Why?
We are still working to figure this one out, but right now it seems the best resolution is to delete that character and start again. Sadly, we can’t recover characters at this time.
Try performing some connectivity maintenance such as flushing your DNS and resetting your router. Also, make sure that you do not have other things running in the background that can be taking up bandwidth. It is possible that, based on where you are located, there may be some latency because of distance from the server, hops taken to reach the server, or connectivity issues based on service providers.
- New World Preview – How to Download and Install
- New World Preview – Hatchet and Musket Guide
- New World Preview – How to Find Master Henry
- New World Preview – How to Find Tons of Ores
- New World Preview – All Azoth Locations on Map
- New World Preview – All Monsters Map (Locations)