This is a guide to show those who are in disbelief how to use a steering wheel on Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit Remastered. Or generally, anything that is used to play this game I guess… Like a third party controller.
How to Setup any Peripheral
This fix is so easy and quite literally requires very little effort, so i feel bad for those who have raged and resold the game… Any additional features like Force Feed Back im unsure if they work as i get slight effects when playing…
Simply all you need are these resources:
- – A undetected gaming peripheral, For example Logitech G29 / Shifter (Which i use)
- – A software from the makers of said peripheral (If your peripheral does not have one that they can provide this may cause issues), For example Logitech Gaming Software (Which i use)
- – Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered (Which i own and use)
Step 1: Now all you need to do is make sure your computer software recognises the hardware and then start the game with the peripheral plugged in.
Step 2: Go to Settings > Gameplay Settings > Controls
Step 3: You will see an option that says “Input Device < Keyboard >” Simply use the correct keys (A and D) to switch this to “< Unknown Device >” (That’s what my Logitech G29 is)
Step 4: Now assign all the buttons necessary to play the game!
Step 5: Enjoy the game!
- – I have not played the game using any of the shifter components yet as no manual option or ideas for uses.
- – I have had to use my software to change the wheel rotation degrees and sensitivity on some parts like the steering and pedals.
- – I have also had minor issues with binding menu keys but thats no bother for me as i have easy access to use keyboard on menus.
- None Found