This guide helps you on how to fix crashes with mods (horse, garrison, tournament, bugs, etc.) in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord.
How to Fix Crashes with Mods?
Tips to Avoid Crashes with Mods
Strongly recommend is to use Vortex if you download mods from “Nexus Mods”. Its webpage has a guide on how to use it.
The mod Fixed Launcher allows you to sort the mods in the M&B II launcher. Some mods seem to work better if they are sorted in a particular order. For instance,
- Community Patch MUST be installed above all the other mods, even the official ones.
- BannerlordTweaks and The Tournament XPerience seem to cause less conflicts if they are loaded at the bottom of the list.
- Some mods require that you re-install them each time Steam updates M&B II. Read the information of their webpages! E.g., Fixed Launcher.
- Community Patch: Fixes up some things in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord. Also, QoL “Enable and Disable the Intro Video”.
- Extend the Conspiracy: Extend the deadline on an active Stop the Conspiracy quest.
- Prevent Escape: Modifies escape and barter of imprisoned nobles.
QoL (Quality of Life) – Economy
- Bannerlord AutoTrader: Automatically buy cheap wares and sell those with high demand.
- VARTS Workshop Suggestions: Suggests the best possible workshops to build in a town by checking village production around them.
- Workshop Demystifier: Adds a basic breakdown of expenses, revenue, and fail reasons for workshops.
QoL – Map
- Ask Lords Location: Updates location of Lords.
- Settlement Attack Alert: Alerts the player when one of their fiefs are attacked.
- View All Wars: Displays all current wars being fought by the different kingdoms across Calradia.
QoL – Others
- Better Quicksave: Adds a configurable amount of rotating, dedicated quick save slots for all your save scumming needs.
- Don’t smelt locked weapons: If you lock a weapon in your inventory it will be filtered out of the smelting menu.
- BannerlordTweaks also has this feature.
- Fast Dialogue: Removes loading screens from essentially all map interactions.
- Fixed Launcher: Allows to order mods in the launcher.
Tweak – Garrison
- BuyPatrols: Hire patrols from villages to help protect them.
- V’s Garrisons Don’t Eat Nor Starve: Garrisons will no longer starve.
Tweak – Horses
- Enter Castle and Town with a Horse: Also makes cloth based Horse Harnesses civilian.
- Frugal Cavalry: Prioritize selecting cheaper horses when upgrading cavalry.
Tweak – Tournament
- Arena Expansion – Weapon loadout selection: Adds weapon loadout selection to the arena.
- Butterlord – Configurable Tourney Bet Limit: Tournament bet cap is now configurable.
- BannerlordTweaks also has this feature.
- The Tournament XPerience: Custom Tournament Prize Lists and Town-based Prize Lists.
- Tournament Fair Armour: Every participant in tournaments will use the same armour set.
Tweak – Others
- Bannerlord Tweaks: Several game tweaks and some Bug Fixes. For instance, it lets you bring your entire army into a hideout. Be aware that the default values re-balance the game completely making it a lot easier. Happily, you can change the values in a very nice menu made by this mod.
- Body collision and movement: Infantry moves a bit slower and body collision is increased so that they can’t clip into each other.
- Configurable Relations Penalty for Leaving A Kingdom: Configure how many relations you will lose (or even gain!) when leaving a Kingdom.
- Daggers In Town and Cleaver Sheath Bugfix: Allows Knives and Throwing knives to be equipped to civilian outfit. Also fixes cleaver visual bug.
Total conversion mods are still in development. In Mod DB, you can preview a lot of very promising mods settled in the lore of Tolkien, Game of Thrones, Roma, Mass Effect and all that endless universes that made Mount & Blade the game with the greatest replayability.
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – Tips for Trading in Beta 1.0.11
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – How to Stop Conspiracy (Fixed Quest Bug)
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – How to Join Hideouts with All Armies (Mod)
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – How to Fix Crashes and Locate Log
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – How to Win Tournament (Useful Tips)
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – How to Enable Cheats and Codes
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – How to Enable or Disable Blood and Custom Color
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – How to Fix Khuzait Heavy Lancer
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – How to Move Fastly (Global Map)
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – Gold Tips (How to Make Fastest)
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – How to Make Money (4 Basic Ways)
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – World Map and Stats of All Single Ladies
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – How to Disable Title at Startup
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – Family Feud Quest (How to Fix Bugs)
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – Add Cart, Gift (How to Buy the Game)