It is a guide to combat, bosses, and more in Mortal Shell.
Guide to Mortal Shell
This guide is intended to help players new to this game, or any other soulslike.
Mindset: How to Get Better
- First of all: be vigilant! Don´t assume you can run through this game like nothing else.
- Watch your surroundings, look where and how many enemies are ahead of you.
- Plan your attack, dont just run in ! You will most likely be overpowered and killed.
- Look for helping stuff, like mushrooms, loot crates and the alike. Knowing where to go when you are in a pinch will help you a lot.
- Also, always keep an eye on your endurance bar. No endurance = you are most likely done.
Managing your endurance is key to get better in this game.never drain your stamina completely so your are able to do something if things won´t go the way you have planned. Also, keep in mind that you still could go into hardened mode to get your stamina back.
Parrying (space bar or lb on xbox controller) gives you a huge andvantage over your enemy plus a succsesful riposte (rb) heals you. This form of healing will come in handy the whole game through.
Learn to parry the standard enemies first: as soon as combat starts, take 2 steps back and wait for the attack as soon as you would get hit by the attack, use the parry button. It might be hard at first and might take a while to get it right, but being able to parry is satisfying 😉 worth mentioning is your parry item will give you a “hint” which attacks are parryable and which are not. It will flash red if enemies use those attacks. Just dodge or use harden is this case.most enemies will take some time to recover from said attacks, that is your window to strike them down !!
Running into ememy groups will most likely kill you, instead try to lure them over to you 1 by 1.
If you mess up and the whole bunch comes running, try to keep them in front of you to not get surrounded… or, and this might hurt your pride a bit, run away to face them once again in the way suiting you.
In any souls like, there are very hard to kill mf´ers who most likely will feel like unkillable. Here are some hints for those:
- Don´t just run in and fight, watch the boss first.
- What is he doing, what is his moveset.
- Where does he pause between attacks?
- Finding those “sweet spots” where you are able to hit him without taking damage is key in this game and all the others alike.
The Game World
Like many soulslike, this game is packed with stuff to discover, search every where for goodies.the mushrooms have a special place in the game because they grow back after a short time.this makes it easy to farm a lot of them over time. One is right next to the main base of yours (facing down the road, look to the left, can´t miss it).
Last bit of advice: don´t take it too hard if you die. Tenacity is key in this game. Die – try again, get better, succeed: if you feel tired or dying again and again, take a break.
- Mortal Shell – How to Get 100% Achievements
- Mortal Shell: Cheats (Trainer)
- Mortal Shell – How to Get All Weapons