A guide on how to refuel your aircraft during the Bush Missions in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
How to Refuel Aircraft During the Bush Missions
To start, there are numerous similar guides you can find online about this topic. But I haven’t seen anyone post one on Steam until now. Kudos to Dillon Skiffington for the first guide I found on Fanbytes.com. Most of this material is pulled from his article.
For a lot of Microsoft Flight Simulator fans, bush runs will be their first attempt at a long trip. The beauty of this mode is flights are broken up into shorter segments with few reaching over an hour in length. This means you can complete a leg or two and then come back to continue the trip later. One thing that will become clear, however, is the game doesn’t refuel your plane automatically. Since we’re flying a small propeller plane, you’ll certainly need to refuel before the expedition is over. But so far nobody has figured out how to get the fuel servicing to function during the Bush Missions. So what can be done… Luckily it’s a simple fix.
The good news is there are some keybindings which work despite the game locking your difficulty settings. Hit ESCAPE to bring up the pause menu and navigate over to controls. From there, glance at the left side of the screen. By default the game only shows commands that have a keybinding. The filter should say “Assigned.” You want to switch it over to “All.” At that point you can either navigate down or use the search box to find “Repair and Refuel.”
Once you’ve assigned that command to a key, you can head back into the game, hit that button, and your fuel will magically fill back up.
People have reported this working in the air but who wants to cheat the system that badly. Until MS fixes whatever bug (or feature) is preventing the normal fueling systems to function this will work.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – How to Configure and Connect Controller (Joystick, Yoke, Etc.)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – How to Fix TrackIR
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – How to Get All Achievements
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – How to Land and Take Off the Plane (Good Ways)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – How to Use Steam Controller
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – How to Find Your House (Google Maps)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – Guide to All Editions (Standard, Deluxe, Premium)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – Thrustmaster Keybindings
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – How to Get (Use) ForeFlight Charts in MSFS
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – How to Fix Launch Game (All Issues)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – How to Boost Speed or Slow Down the Rate
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – How to Fly (Best Tutorial)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – How to Install Fastest
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – World Traveler Achievement Guide (How to Get)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – Auto-Pilot Guide (Navigations, Speed, Control and More)