This is a guide of Last Oasis to boosting FPS and unlocking CPU Priority (How?)
How To Unlock CPU Priority?
Last Oasis will, by default, deny access when attempting to alter the client’s CPU priority in task manager. To bypass this security feature, you’ll have to tell your computer to always launch Last Oasis in your desired priority via Registry Editor. Designating a higher CPU priority to Last Oasis will usually result in FPS gain. This is due to your computer trying to reserve CPU power for other applications as well.
1. Open Windows Registry Editor
Type “run” in Windows search bar and hit enter.
Type “regedit” in Run window and click “OK”.
2. Open “Image File Execution Options”
The “Image File Execution Options”-folder can be found at:
- Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options
You can simply copy & paste the address above into the address bar in Registry Editor.
3.1. Create a New Key
Right click “Image File Execution Options” (make sure you’ve highlighted the actual folder).
Select “New” ➔ “Key”.
Name your new key “MistClient-Win64-Shipping.exe”
3.2. Create a New Key Under “MistClient-Win64-Shipping.exe”
Right click “MistClient-Win64-Shipping.exe”.
Select “New” ➔ “Key”.
Name your new key “PerfOptions”.
4. Create a New “DWORD (32-bit) Value” Under “PerfOptions”
Right click “PerfOptions”.
Select “New” ➔ “DWORD (32-bit) Value”.
A new DWORD Value should show up inside “PerfOptions”.
Name your new DWORD Value to “CpuPriorityClass”.
5. Modify “CpuPriorityClass” & Set Desired CPU Priority
Right click “CpuPriorityClass”.
Enter the value for your desired CPU priority:
- 1 = Idle.
- 2 = Normal (Default).
- 3 = High (Highly recommended).
- 4 = RealTime (will cause bottlenecking if the client starts halting).
- 5 = Below Normal.
- 6 = Above Normal (Recommended if you’re experiencing mouse tracking issues during “High” priority, you may also decrease your mouse polling rate to not overwhelm your CPU).
Click “OK” and relaunch Last Oasis.
Everytime you launch Last Oasis from now on, the client will run in your desired CPU priority state.
- Go to Settings: Graphics
- Make like that:
- And then go to “User/Username/AppData/Mist/ Saved/ Config/Windows Client”.
- Do it like that:
Framerate Limit: 144.0000
- Last Oasis – Save File Location
- Last Oasis – Quest: Moving Base, Nomadic Trade (Walkthrough)
- Last Oasis – Quest: Firefly Walker (Useful Tips) and Gallery
- Last Oasis – PC Keyboard Controls (How to Rebind)
- Last Oasis – Quest: Cutting Trees (How to Put a Hatchet)
- Last Oasis – Quest: Securing Possessions (Walkthrough)
- Last Oasis – How to Stay Safe (10 Steps for Solo)
- Last Oasis – Map Labeled with Letters and Numbers
- Last Oasis – Quest: Essence of Life (Walkthrough)
- Last Oasis – How to Fix “Sign In”, Server, Connection
- Last Oasis – Melee Combat Guide (Weapons, Builds, Setup, and More)
- Last Oasis – How to Move Forward After Quests and Player vs. Player Guide
- Last Oasis – How to Obtain Fragments
- Last Oasis – Solo Nomad Guide (Useful Tips and Tricks)
- Last Oasis – Basic Tips (Walker, Stats, Weapons, Health, etc.)