These useful tips for the grapple, pizza, objects, salvage, the damage will help you before gaming Hardspace: Shipbreaker.
Useful Tips for Grapple, Pizza, Objects, Salvage, Damage
This is a pretty barebones guide based on observations i’ve done so far, prob will update it to be more polished over time.
- Right click while holding onto a thing with grapple to reel it in (or you).
- Objects below 250kg are easily movable without imparting inertia onto you.
- Combine two facts above to easily tear stuff out of cockpits for example – computer panels and such are worth a bunch of money. Hold onto a wall, grab onto a computer until it detaches, then tap right-click to make it zoop towards you. Release left click to let the object float, then grab onto it when it’s got a clear line into the barge.
- Generally speaking, objects are valued in Barge > Processor > Furnace order. Barge’s mostly objects like machines, the Processor is physical objects like panels, and the furnace is for scrap and other trash.
- You can hold onto things with Z and X (left and right arm respectively), this is super useful for clambering around ships and such without using your thrusters, and to throw things away from the main ship with the charged push once you unlock it.
- Definitely grab onto something if you’re using charged push of more than level 1.
- With the sound resynth upgrade, holding onto things lets you listen on them. Fuel lines make a wooshing sound if full. Lines also have glowing lights on them if they’re filled.
- Grapple “pushing” the salvaging rig or Jax can be used to throw yourself around way faster than thrusters will let you fly. Combine this with the grapple reeling.
- Braking is faster than accelerating.
- Press V to disengage all current tethers.
- Stinger (normal laser) sucks except for precision work – it completely destroys whatever you point the beam at. Really useful for cutting the useless aluminum panels lining around the Mack’ cockpit door.
- Tethers are your friends, use them a lot and just replenish them from the supply station, they’re cheap. A single nano panel is worth about 100 tethers.
- By the way, you can toggle scanner modes by scrolling up and down. Useful when you don’t want to cut that fuel line.
- Suit Integrity upgrades reduce impact damage and the threshold to take it.
- Pizza cutters are a scam, just use kitchen scissors to cut your pizza.
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – Useful Tips for Cutter, Tethering, Fire, Power, Fuel, Ship
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – How to Grab and Dislodge Items, Find Powercell
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – Guide to Controls, Tools, Barge and Other
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – How to Locate, Cut, Break Mackerel Class Corvette
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – Gutting the Gecko Guide (Class, Weakpoint, Transport)
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – Complete Ship Guide (Tools, Barge, Mackerel, Etc.)
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – How to Fix Controls, Localization, Tutorial, Graphic
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – Guide to Dealing with Hazards (Safely)
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – How to Cut (All Tutorials)
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – Basic Guide (You Need to Know)
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – How to Work Reactor Salvage and to Deposit Where
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – How To Salvage Any Mackerel In A Single Shift
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – Save File Location
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker – All Material Value List (Names)