A guide on how to boost FPS in Halo Infinite.
How to Boost FPS
To get this out of the way right now any GPU that does not support directx 12 cannot play the game. Another thing right off the bat on most pc’s async compute helps you gain more fps so leave that on.
Right now the game does not run totally well even on the most high end systems. My best advice is to set the minimum fps to your monitor’s refresh rate. This will scale down resolution and make things look a little more blurry. But the cost of it is a smoother game. And it will go up and down with the resolution. (I have heard from some users it does not make it look blurrier and does cause an improvement in performance. Due to an engine issue which makes sense because the xbox uses this tech in the game.)
Steps to achieve more fps
Steps to achieve this:
If you have a monitor higher than 120hz you cannot do it in the game.
Step one: Go to %localappdata% and look for the file HaloInfinite go to the .json file open it with notepad.
Step 2: Search for spec_control_minimum_framerate and set the value to your refresh rate of your monitor.
Step 3: Save it and start playing.
If you do not like the temporary fix please do not complain. This is just here for people who want a smoother running game in it’s current state. Personally I do not have problem with it because on my RTX 3070, 3440×1440 monitor, and ultra everything. I am getting around 120 to 144 fps. And it doesnt look that blurry on my opinion.
- Halo Infinite – How to Get Any Game Mode and Map in Multiplayer
- Halo Infinite – How to Skip and Remove Intro Logos, Movies
- Halo Infinite – How to Play with Friends in a Custom Game and Matchmaking
- Halo Infinite – Save File Location
- Halo Infinite – LASO Guide (How to Get Headmaster Achievement)
- Halo Infinite – The Best Tips for Challenge Swaps and XP Boosts
- Halo Infinite – Guide to Equipment (Campaign)
- Halo Infinite – The Best Tips (Secret Features)
- Halo Infinite – How to Free Up Disk Space (High-Res Text)
- Halo Infinite – Where to Locate All Collectibles
- Halo Infinite – Guide to Winning Quick Stockpile
- Halo Infinite – Where to Find All Multiplayer Skins (Locations)