A guide to floor, ants, sap, base building, etc. in Grounded.
Guide to Grounded
How to avoid ant raids on your base
Don’t place a base anywhere near an ant hill and they won’t bother you too much. Also don’t store food inside your base, even in storage containers. That’s what they come for.
How to glide with the dandelion tuft
Make sure it is equipped and make sure you activate it while you are moderately high from the ground by pressing shift.
How to find sap
You may to find a stick or piece of wood. While the place you’re in is typically grassy, you may from time to time stumble upon a few sticks and twigs. Once you do, take a look at all round them, due to the fact globs of sap can normally be located on caught on all sides! On early game you can find alot of sap near the Mite cave. Later find it head over giant oak tree with red leaves. Beware of the spiders. There are alot of them.
How to make tier 2 axe
Using the Creative option the Tier 2 Axe is made from:
- 1x Ladybug Head.
- 3x Bombardier Parts.
- 4x Spider Silk.
Researching any of those above ‘should’ present the Tier 2 Axe
How to kill bombardier beetles
To kill bombardier beetles get yourself the ant club or mint mallet and run close to them to bait out their close range acid attack then after they used it run back in and melee them,rinse and repeat till dead.
Dealing with floors
Once you get to the lab under the oak tree and help the robot up you get to buy the plans for palisade walls and gates, stairs, and normal grass plank floors.
How to repair walls
You need to have the repair tool for that. So just whack the walls with the repair tool.
More about to build
If you scan lots of items and attack a few different insects all give you science points if you can have about 300 science by the time you get to the oak labs there is another 700 science hidden around inside there which takes you to 1000 then you have 2 choices buy the upgrade that lets your watch thing locate nearby science or buy the items box which gives you stairs floors etc.
- It’s a cool premise walking among blades of grass, and if you think that sounds cool, it’s pretty neat. The biomes are dense and look good.
- There is a lot of verticality to the maps so you can jump and climb on the environment more than most survival games, to a point.
- It’s a small feeling map, so my first impression is replay may be limited.
- Enemies are hp sponges, and early gear breaks early, so going into caves, or deep into the yard takes careful planning and resource management.
- Seems very similar to other base building games at least in its basic toolset. Note you can place walls without placing floors first, so its a bit more flexible.
- Enemies will attack base and can easily trash placed tech items. In my case, I had waaaay more enemies than I could deal with as a single player at my progress level, so base was lost, mostly, and had to start over. In those moments, it feels more balanced towards MP.
- Some resources from destroyed items will end up on the ground, so it’s not a total loss.
- Current bug where vendor who sells floor schematic won’t unlock and quest gets bugged. So in that case, no base building 4u >< Had to start over due to that particular bug.
- Grounded – Useful Tips for Killing Spiders, Sting Bugs, Bombardbugs
- Grounded – How to Craft Pebblet Axe and Make Floor
- Grounded – How to Cheat (Trainer)
- Grounded – How to Find Ant Eggs and Mosquitos
- Grounded – Best Counter Tips to Larvae
- Grounded – How to Hunt A Lot of Spider, Larva, Lady Bug (without Using Tools)
- Grounded – Full Map (with Icons)
- Grounded – How to Turn Off/On the Distance Blur
- Grounded – Mysterious Machine Walkthrough
- Grounded – How to Find Clean Water Grass, Thistle Plank, and Craft Spiky Spring
- Grounded – Save File Location
- Grounded – Guide to Smoothie Recipes (Potions, Health, Damage)
- Grounded – Full Gameplay Walkthrough (Torch, Axe, Ant, Mysterious Spider and Machine)