These useful tips for gold and Tsushima’s Secrets will help you for beginners.
Go For The Gold
Tales that are a part of Jin’s Journey (marked in gold on the map) will earn you the biggest increases to your Legend meter, which can help you earn Technique Points for unlocking new abilities. Also look out for villages or points of interest with a golden aura, which may indicate that a new upgrade is available within.
Early on, consider upgrades like the Perfect Healing Parry and Deflect Arrows. The former can help offset early misses as you learn to time your blocks and attacks, while the latter helps you avoid threats from afar while taking on closer enemies.
You may also want to consider Evolving Tactics that focus on healing – particularly Iron Will, which lets you spend two points of your Resolve meter after you’ve been defeated so you can jump back into the fight.
A Helping Hand
Early in Jin’s Journey, focus on Tales that involve recruiting a new ally, such as “The Tale of Lady Masako.” In addition to establishing powerful connections, these Tales will earn you new weapons or armor that are sure to aid you in your quest to retake the island.
You should also keep an eye out for the Golden Temple, one of the earliest landmarks you’ll discover and a safe haven for the people of Tsushima. Here, you’ll find a gift altar that can help you gather supplies, and vendors who can increase the power of your weapons and armor.
The citizens of Tsushima who have taken refuge at the Golden Temple may also offer you valuable information about where you can find people who need help, or interesting new locations.
Quick Tip: The Aftermath Of Battle
After a fight, you can use the touchpad to clean your blade, stow your sword, or pay respects to a fallen foe.
Jin’s Evolution and Tsushima’s Secrets
Tsushima is overflowing with resources that aid in Jin’s journey. You’ll find most of these as you progress, but if you’re looking to make the most of early discoveries, we’ve got you covered.
- Don’t be afraid to explore. There are plenty of things you can find on the way to your objective, so be sure to follow wildlife to track down a new shrine or gather materials, even if it’s slightly out of the way.
- Bamboo Strikes found across the island help unlock permanent gains to your Resolve meter…that is, if you can master them. Concentrate on speed and accuracy, but be careful not to get overzealous; you’ll fail if you miss a button press.
- Jin can jump pretty far – farther than you might think, actually. As make your way to a hard-to-reach shrine, don’t be afraid to test Jin’s abilities. But if there’s a gap you just can’t cross, maybe come back once you’ve acquired an additional tool.
- Shrine climbs offer two extremely important rewards if you can make it to the top: wax wood and major charms. Wax wood is a key material necessary for bow upgrades, and major charms offer the most substantial perks that you can equip early on.
- Hot springs throughout the island give you a moment to reflect on various elements of your journey, and will add permanent increases to your health bar. Individually, they aren’t massive gains, but they add up.
- Fox dens are home to some of Tsushima’s smartest wildlife, who will bring you to shrines where you’ll earn rewards to help along your journey. Some of the approaches to these shrines are more arduous than others, but the minor charms they offer are worth the detour.
- As you work to liberate more of Tsushima, consider putting Technique Points into exploration upgrades. These will let you steer the wind toward the exact type of undiscovered points of interest you seek.
- Ghost of Tsushima – Guide to Animal, Map, Equipment, Surviving
- Ghost of Tsushima – Good and Bad Ending Walkthrough
- Ghost of Tsushima – Tale of Ryuzo Walkthrough (How to Get Company of Wolves Achievement)
- Ghost of Tsushima – How to Kill Khotun Khan Boss Walkthrough