A guide on how to fix pixel remaster font in FINAL FANTASY VI.
How To Fix Pixel Remaster Font
The western versions of the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters come with one major drawback. The default font used in them is not only aesthetically ugly, but it’s also an accessibility barrier for visually impaired people who want to enjoy the game.
Thankfully, the solution to fixing this is incredibly simple.
As you likely already know if you’re reading this guide, the western release of the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters come with an absolutely awful default font that make these otherwise beautiful games look unnecessary ugly… as well as being a major accessibility barrier for those who are visually impaired.
The solution to fixing this is very easy thankfully, and takes less than 2 minutes.
PLEASE NOTE: This works for all languages. Simply replace the steps below regarding the font_en files with the language file you require.
- Right click Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster in your Steam library
- Select “Browse Local Files”
- Navigate to FINAL FANTASY VI_DATA/StreamingAssets
- Move font_en.bundle and font_en.manifest out of the folder
- Copy / Paste font_ja.bundle and font_ja.manifest
- DO NOT DELETE / MOVE THE ORIGINAL JA FILES
- Rename font_ja.bundle – Copy to font_en.bundle
- Rename font_ja.manifest – Copy to font_en.manifest
And voila, you’re done! Simply load up the game and it should now be running with the much improved font, which is far less painful to look than the default.
If this helped you, please leave a rating and a comment letting me know that it worked for you!
by No World