A guide on how to boost (uncapping) FPS in Final Fantasy V Pixel: Remaster.
How to Boost FPS
How to Do It Yourself
- Get a Hex Editor.
- Edit gameassembly.dll in your FF5 game directory.
- Search for 33 d2 8d 4a 3c.
- Change the 3c value to 00 and save it.
- You will have uncap fps, use riva tuner or something to limit to whatever you want.
- 125/200 seems to be good but i can play at even 333 fine in most cases.
- The higher you go the visuals are more smooth/less juddery but the menu inputs get way to fast
- Also good idea to set borderless mode if you dont care about vsync (borderless has a ‘soft’ vsync anyway).
Seems like the menu inputs aren’t that fast anymore if you uncap the fps in most places.