A guide on how to beat Mad Tongue Alberich easily in Elden Ring.
How to Beat Mad Tongue Alberich (Easy)
A guide for defeating Mad Tongue Alberich at level 21 or earlier.
Mad Tongue Alberich
This guy is a headache, and could potentially be the first difficult fight you will come across. Normally, he’s meant to be an indicator for how you’re progressing in your stats and build.
But you can beat him early. I managed to beat him at level 21 with a Quality Halberd+1 with the Determination skill attached.
I want to get one other thing out of the way: I do not have the parrying timing down at all yet. Once I get that down, I’ll see if there’s a better strategy I can scrounge up using it.
Please follow the video below for visual assistance.
- Don’t get hit (This is important!)
- Look for openings to use Determination. It will allow you to do more than 150% damage with a normal R1.
- Determination doesn’t last forever. Once you use it, you have about 10 seconds to land an attack before it disappears. Use it or Lose it.
- Don’t get hit
- When Alberich first spawns, you have a small window to get in a free backstab. Use this window.
- When you see the message “Invaded by Mad Tongue Alberich!”, use Determination, then wait for him to spawn in and get the backstab. When he’s on the ground, use Determination once more, then back off and wait for an opening.
- When he does his scythe power attack, back up enough to not get hit, and move in immediately when it’s over to get in a hit. Then roll away. Backing away sometimes works, but you could still be in range if he chains another power attack. Rolling away gets out out of the range more consistently. If you’re lucky, you can get him to chain miss these power attack attempts multiple times to bring him down.
- Good times to use Determination: When he casts the circle chain spell (which I take advantage of in the video), when you’ve got a good amount of distance between the two of you and he’s not casting ice spikes.
- Speaking of ice spikes, always strafe around them. You’ll be safe.
- If you manage to bait out a chain of 5 ice spikes, go in for a hit immediately after the 5th one.
- Don’t get hit!
What You Get For Winning
The knowledge that you’re a super badass.
- Furlcalling Finger Remedy x1
- Taunter’s Tongue x1
- ELDEN RING – How to Beat Draconic Tree Sentinel (Easy)
- ELDEN RING – How to Beat Grafted Scion (First Boss)
- ELDEN RING – The Best Tips to Beat the Misbegotten Warrior and Crucible Knight
- ELDEN RING – How to Beat Starscourage Radahn (Easily)
- ELDEN RING – Guide to Get Easy Early 42K Runes and Ash of War (Bloodhounds)
- ELDEN RING – How to Get All 6 Endings (Easy Ways)
- ELDEN RING – How to Get 500,000 Runes (Easily)
- ELDEN RING – How to Beat the Hellhound (for All Classes)
- ELDEN RING – Guide to Gameplay, Attacking, Classes, Mechanics, and more)
- ELDEN RING – How to Get Runes (Quickly)
- ELDEN RING – Xbox Series and PlayStation 4-5 Controller Settings Guide
- ELDEN RING – How to Get Best Stat Points
- ELDEN RING – How to Use Bloody Finger (Unlimited Invasions)
- ELDEN RING – The Best Battling Enemies Guide (Attack and Defense)
- ELDEN RING – How to Beat Margit (for All Classes)