A guide on how to run the game (Dyson Sphere Program) 30-60 fps (or any value).
How to Run the Game 30-60 FPS (or Any Value)
The game can run in virtually any fps (if your computer can do that), without the use of your GPU manufacturer’s external tools. It’s just that the settings menu is limited to only a few values, the lowest one is 60. To make your game run in for example 30 fps, you have to edit the options file.
The Options file is located at:
- My Documents\Dyson Sphere Program\options.dso
This file is unfortunately a binary file, and not a text file, and can not be edited in a text editor.
You will need to use a Hex editor for that.
The value you want to change is on position 0x12 or 18d, and it is the literal value of the fps setting (so, if you set it to 60, that byte contains 0x3c or 60d).
To set 30fps, change that value to 0x18 or 30d.
Due to the way the game handles the settings, everytime you change any setting in the Settings menu, the fps value is set back to a default value (because at this point, the game simply does not support the 30fps). So, everytime you change a setting, you need to exit the game and change that fps value in the config file back to your choice.
In Linux/Proton/SteamPlay, the complete path of the options file is:
- ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/1366540/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/My\ Documents/Dyson\ Sphere\ Program/options.dso
You can use the following one-liner to easily change that value everytime you need without using a manual Hex editor. It’s extremely likely that your distribution already supports it without need to install anything.
- printf ‘\x1e’ | dd of=~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/1366540/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/My\ Documents/Dyson\ Sphere\ Program/options.dso bs=1 seek=18 count=1 conv=notrunc
- Dyson Sphere Program – Save File Location
- Dyson Sphere Program – How to Move Fluids
- Dyson Sphere Program – How to Set Borderless Mode
- Dyson Sphere Program – How to Produce “Electromagnetic Matrix”
- Dyson Sphere Program – How to Craft Carbon Nanotubes
- Dyson Sphere Program – Restart the Game Guide (The Secret Way: Warp Out)
- Dyson Sphere Program – Fluid Logistics Guide
- Dyson Sphere Program – Guide to Oil, Logistics, Energy, Fuel, Station, and More
- Dyson Sphere Program – Guide to Mecha Energy, Resource, and More
- Dyson Sphere Program – Cheats (Infinite Energy, Mining, Speed, and More)
- Dyson Sphere Program – Guide to Interstellar Logistics System (Tower Setup, Transport, and More)
- Dyson Sphere Program – How to Connect Conveyors to a Smelter
- Dyson Sphere Program – Height, Orientation, Distance, Belt Design Guide for Main Bus
- Dyson Sphere Program – How to FixSorters (Solution to Problem)
- Dyson Sphere Program – Guide to Harvesting, Fractioning, Refining