A guide on how to customize proper HUD in Dying Light 2: Stay Human.
How to Customize Proper HUD
Are you disappointed by the “Let’s talk about UX” video? Do you want more HUD customization like they promised? Well I found a simple solution. You can either disable all the HUD or just some of the elements by tweaking 1 of the game’s files. Here are the steps.
- First of all you should close the game and install 7zip to open compressed files and a text editor like notepad++.
- Navigate to your game folder by right clicking your game in the library and selecting Manage->Browse local files. You can also go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dying Light 2.
- Go inside the ph folder, then inside the source folder. You will be in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dying Light 2\ph\source
and there’s a file called “data0.pak” there.
- Open the file with 7zip, winrar or whatever you use. And then go inside the “gui” folder. Extract the “hud_config.scr” file (Backup the original file before!).
- Open the extracted file with notepadd++. And then you just need to edit some lines to disable stuff. I will show you an example below on how to disable the radar/compass.
- After making the changes, delete the “hud_config.scr” file inside the guide folder in “data0.pak” and move your own inside. You could also move and replace. (Backup the original file before!)
How to disable compass (example):
Scroll to the “DisplayList(“hud_screen_layer_radar”)” line:
Remove the lines inside the brackets:
Test in game with radar ON vs OFF.
Many thanks to CrayfishTheArrowed and his video on youtube for the idea! You can find his video tutorial here to disable all the hud here (he has a file already tweaked):
- Dying Light 2 – How to Edit Key Bindings
- Dying Light 2: Stay Human – How to Disable Anti-Aliasing
- Dying Light 2: Stay Human – How to Edit FOV
- Dying Light 2 – How to Get Better Quality (Tweaks)
- Dying Light 2: Stay Human – How to Separate Language (Text, Audio)
- Dying Light 2: Stay Human – How to Skip Intro
- Dying Light 2: Stay Human – All Docket Codes (New Updates)
- Dying Light 2 – How to Fix Network (Disconnected)
- Dying Light 2: Stay Human – The First Biomarker Sidequest (Code)
- Dying Light 2: Stay Human – 3 Tips to Make Private Server
- Dying Light 2: Stay Human – All Safe Codes and Locations Guide on Map
- Dying Light 2: Stay Human – 100% Achievement Guide