This guide will help you on how to make campfire in DayZ (Update 1.08).
DayZ is a hardcore open-world survival game with only one rule: stay alive, no matter what. But with a myriad of threats lurking around every corner, that might be easier said than done…
- With no checkpoints or saves, when you die, you lose everything and have to start over.
- Complex and authentic survival mechanics, including hunting, crafting, building, health preservation, and resource management.
- Unpredictable and often emotional interactions with other players leading to a limitless spectrum of emergent gameplay.
- A huge 230 km2 map with a variety of beautiful landscapes and landmarks based on real-life locations.
- Up to 60 players striving to survive by any means necessary. Make friends, kill on sight, kidnap strangers and bend them to your will, or be betrayed for a can of beans. Anything and everything is possible.
- An array of environmental threats that will test your capabilities. From erratic weather and dangerous wildlife to pitch-black nights and rage-induced infected.
DayZ (Update 1.08)
Bohemia Interactive has added a new hunting rifle: the “Sporter 22”. The rifle uses .22 ammunition (added to the game via the 1.05 update last year), comes with various magazines, and has the ability to mount a hunting scope. And speaking of long-range engagements, the Sway and Hold Breath mechanics have been adjusted, which should make distance shooting a bit easier.
New base building improvements focus on the balance-of-destruction of various structures, such as fences, watchtowers, and tent objects, and the update also includes the addition of the Canopy Tent, Indoor Fireplace (oven), and Direct Cooking Slots (fireplace grill for meat). Additionally, the update comprises general gameplay tweaks, bug fixes, and UX improvements.
Finally, 1.08 will bring an updated Saint Roman Ski Resort, Biathlon shooting range, and a race track to the ChernarusPlus terrain.
For a full rundown of details and patch notes, check out the accompanying changelog.
How to Make Campfire?
You can’t make fire on the floor inside (most) buildings anymore but the fireplace should work.
Both the fire drill and the matches work 100%, and the fireplace should have ample supply of small sticks, rags and or bark and a log or two. I have noticed that you can only light the fire from a specific position around the fireplace, so be prepared to move around until you find the command to light. I placed a fireplace inside an oven in a house and had to move around a bit until I got the prompt.
- None Found