When you begin your Days Gone journey on PC, you will have immediate access to Survival Mode, Challenge Mode and Bike Skins. A guide on how to get your Xbox Elite controller working correctly in Days Gone (PC).
How to Get Your Xbox Elite Controller
It is a rather simple fix!
Some as you may have already found from searching, that a number of us are experiencing issues with the controller analogs not responding while on your bike or when attempting to interact with the survival wheel etc
This worked for me, hopefully it does for you.
Note: Please read first. After writing this guide it was pointed out to me in the comments that an easier fix is to simply turn off steam controller configuration support. The game itself is fine and should work as intended.
I left the guide below just in case it is actually able to help someone in the future for some troubleshooting reason.
Here’s how to correct the steering and camera oversight:
Select ‘controller configuration‘ while viewing days gone in your steam library.
Here you should see your controller. Selecting the ‘on bike’ tab near the top center of the window, you will see that the left analog is left blank. Select and change the in-game action drop down menu to ‘Movement’.
Note: Forgetting to also map the right analog as ‘camera joystick‘. 😉
To Correct the Survival Wheel
Next in the same menu (you may have to select ‘on foot’ 1st to see this option) Select the ‘Survival Wheel‘ tab and change the right analog, in-game action from blank to ‘Camera Joystick‘
To Correct Headlight Operation
Also in the ‘on bike’ menu, select the d-pad and change the drop down menu to ‘Generic Directional Pad’. Ensuring that ‘Down’ is indeed selected as ‘flashlight’.
There are menu selections such as: when you are attempting to re-fuel or repair the bike at the mechanic, both seem to be completely inoperable.
Please forgive any oddities, this is my first time posting a guide. I will add to this guide if any other controller functions are found inoperable.
- Days Gone (PC) – How to Fix Controller (Press Button)
- Days Gone – Cheats: New Updates (v1.0-v1.04)
- Days Gone (PC) – Cheats (Infinite Ammo, Focus, Health, Nitrous, and More)
- Days Gone – How to Access Offline Mode (Preventing Data Collection)
- Days Gone (PC) – Save File Location
- Days Gone (PC) – How to Skip (Disable) Intro, Credits
- Days Gone (PC) – How to Unlock All Character Collectible (Locations)
- Days Gone (PC) – Guide to Reducing Game Size (Free 15 GB)
- Days Gone (PC) – 100% Achievement Guide
- Days Gone (PC) – How to Locate All Hero’s: 12 Roadblock (on Map)
- Days Gone – All Nero Injector, Research, Checkpoint Locations on the Map
- Days Gone – How to Get Liston Knife (Story Mission: Addy)
- Days Gone – How to Complete Bunker Mission (Berley Lake Investigation)
- Days Gone (PC) – 100% Save Game (Collected Weapons, and More)