A guide on how to fix your button press actually do something at merchants and mechanics in Days Gone (PC).
How to Fix Controller (Press Button)
What Worked for Me and Fixed Both Merchants and Mechanics
I also had the bug where holding the button did nothing and I thus couldn’t sell stacks, repair or refuel my bike at camps or equip bike upgrades.
What worked for me is simple, start the game and while in game or in the menu unplug your controller then plug it back in again.
Not sure why but this fixed the input not being recognized by the game and allowed me to fully use mechanics and merchants as you see in these images.
I hope this helps you too, here’s hoping it’s not just as quirk that works on my configuration.
My Steam and In-Game Controller Configuration
Here’s my current two setups in case they influence this workaround.
- Days Gone (PC) – How to Get Your Xbox Elite Controller
- Days Gone (PC) – How to Skip (Disable) Intro, Credits
- Days Gone (PC) – Cheats (Infinite Ammo, Focus, Health, Nitrous, and More)
- Days Gone (PC) – Guide to Reducing Game Size (Free 15 GB)
- Days Gone – Cheats: New Updates (v1.0-v1.04)
- Days Gone (PC) – Save File Location
- Days Gone (PC) – How to Unlock All Character Collectible (Locations)
- Days Gone (PC) – 100% Achievement Guide
- Days Gone (PC) – 100% Save Game (Collected Weapons, and More)
- Days Gone – How to Access Offline Mode (Preventing Data Collection)
- Days Gone (PC) – How to Locate All Hero’s: 12 Roadblock (on Map)
- Days Gone – How to Complete Bunker Mission (Berley Lake Investigation)
- Days Gone – How to Get Liston Knife (Story Mission: Addy)
- Days Gone – All Nero Injector, Research, Checkpoint Locations on the Map