A guide on how to fix the launch game issues (Steam, Epic, GOG) in Cyberpunk 2077.
How to Fix Launch Game Issues
The game is not launching
Firstly, please make sure that your PC meets the Cyberpunk 2077 System Requirements.
If the requirements are met please try the solutions below:
1. Reinstall your graphics drivers.
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link.
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you’ve downloaded in step 1.
I. Uninstall your graphics drivers using the AMD Cleanup Utility software.
II. Download and clean install the latest drivers from here.
2. Uninstall all of the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables that you have installed.
Once it’s done install the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable packages from the link below starting from the oldest ones (skip the “arm” files). Launch all the executables as Administrator.
3. Disable all unnecessary apps before launching the game (especially apps with overlay) such as:
MSI Gaming app
4. Please try launching Cyberpunk 2077 in a clean boot mode. Here is how to perform clean boot – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135/
If none of the above will help, please report the issue to us, if there is any information or error code displayed please make sure to include it in the description.
Verify integrity of game cache
A variety of issues may be caused by corrupted game files, e.g. immortal enemies, crashes, glitched graphics or inability to launch the game. If you have encountered such an issue, please verify the integrity of game cache and load a game save file created before this issue occurred (if possible).
GOG.com: 1. Launch GOG GALAXY and log in with your GOG.com account. 2. Choose the game from ‘Owned games’ tab. 3. Click ‘Customize’ button (to the right of “Play” button) > Manage installation > Verify / Repair
Steam: 1. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu. 2. Select the “Local files” tab and click the “Verify integrity of game cache…” button. 3. Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes.
Epic Games: 1. In the Library section, navigate to the game and click on the three dots. 2. Click Verify in the drop-down list. 3. It may take a few minutes to verify all the files.
How to create a DxDiag report
How to create a diagnostic report (DxDiag):
- On the keyboard, press “Windows”.
- In the newly opened Run window type “dxdiag” (without quotes) and click OK button.
- Click on “Save All Information…” and save the file to your hard drive
- Click the “Exit” button to quit DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Boost FPS (Better Performance)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Fix “Not Saving” Problem
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Change Keymapping (Movement Keys)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Fix “Has Flatlined” Error
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Disable Intro, Loading Videos, and Launcher
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Launch the Game Directly (Fast Way)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – Save File Location
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Get Bonus Contents: Soundtrack, Wallpapers, Posters, and More
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Skip Broken Quests, Change Gender (Editing and Cheating Guide)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Fix and Boost FPS (Nvidia)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – Cyberware Build: Projectile Launch System (How to Locate, Build, and Install)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – Changing FOV (Max Value to 120)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – All Endings Guide (One Save)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – “Tears in Rain” Easter Egg (How to Get)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Get Best FPS, Image Clarity, and Fix Crashes