A guide on how to boost fps (better performance) in Cyberpunk 2077.
How to Boost FPS (Better Performance)
If your PC meets the minimum system requirements and you are experiencing low frame rates, slow or choppy performance, or long loading times, please follow the troubleshooting below:
1. Clean install your graphics drivers following the instructions below:
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link.
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you’ve downloaded in step 1.
I. Uninstall your graphics drivers using the AMD Cleanup Utility software.
II. Download and clean install the latest drivers from here.
NOTE: If the issues in question occurred right after updating the drivers, install previous version and please report the issue to us.
2. Verify the integrity of the game cache as described here
3. If you have any applications that are using overlay features, e.g Discord, Ubisoft Connect, Galaxy etc. disable their overlays or completely disable these applications.
4. Disable all unnecessary apps before launching the game. Including hardware monitoring and antivirus/anti-malware programs.
If the issue persists please report it to us using the “Contact us” button below and provide the following information:
1. A video of the issue if possible. (attachment or link)
2. Your save file if the issue is limited to a specific location.
Make sure to provide all the files in the given save folder. You can compress the save file folder (e.g. to .zip).
Save files are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\
Where to find information about your processor, graphics card and RAM
- On the keyboard, press simultaneously Windows key and R.
- In the newly opened Run window type dxdiag and click the OK button.
- A window called DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens. In it you will find several tabs:
- The first tab is called System tab where you will find System Information including: – the model of your processor under Processor – the amount of RAM that you have under Memory
- Under the Display tab (or tabs) you can find the name of your graphics card (or cards)under Name
How to determine if your processor and graphics card can run Cyberpunk 2077?
- Finding a graphics card performance hierarchy chart online and comparing one’s video card with our minimum (Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 470) can help you determine if your graphics card can run the game.
- Finding a Gaming CPUs performance chart and comparing one’s CPU with our minimum (Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310) can help you determine if your processor can run the game.
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Fix Launch Game Issues (Steam, Epic, GOG)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Fix and Boost FPS (Nvidia)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Disable Intro, Loading Videos, and Launcher
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Fix “Not Saving” Problem
- Cyberpunk 2077 – “Tears in Rain” Easter Egg (How to Get)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Skip Broken Quests, Change Gender (Editing and Cheating Guide)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Change Keymapping (Movement Keys)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – Cyberware Build: Projectile Launch System (How to Locate, Build, and Install)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Fix “Has Flatlined” Error
- Cyberpunk 2077 – Save File Location
- Cyberpunk 2077 – How to Locate and Get Quadra Turbo R
- Cyberpunk 2077 – Changing FOV (Max Value to 120)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – All Endings Guide (One Save)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – All Johnny Silverhand’s Items (How to Get and Unlock)
- Cyberpunk 2077 – Comprehensive Photo Mode Guide