This is a fast way to get the Carolingian Consolidation achievement in Crusader Kings III. Pretty funny how broken it is, so I thought I would share.
How to Get Carolingian Consolidation Achievement
Step 1: 1066 Start
To start it off, play as Count Herbert of Vermandois, a vassal of France. He is the only landed Karling in 1066, so all you gotta do is be independent from France! Make sure Ironman mode is on.
Step 2: Setup
At the start, everything is pretty set. Vassals are happy, heir is young, etc. You can do whatever you want EXCEPT for your lifestyle. You start with a boost in learning, but you’re gonna want to go down the Intrigue Lifestyle and eventually pick up the kidnapper perk.
Other than that, do whatever. I made an alliance with Normandy for fun.
Step 3: Unrest in Vermandois
Next, start an independence faction. I never joined one myself, but if there’s already one just join it. If it disbands for whatever reason, just start one yourself.
Step 4: Time to plot
When you get the Kidnapper Perk, now you can start a plot to Abduct your liege! When you plot against the King of France, you’ll probably get like a 20-50% chance of success. Just bribe EVERY single person to join your plot. Debt does not matter for this achievement.
(TIP: If you didn’t know, as long as the game is paused, you can invite people to join your plot EVEN if you are technically out of money)
Step 5: Profit
With everything setup, you should have a 95% chance to kidnap the King and an independence faction brewing. Once the popup for the kidnapping comes, Press demands for independence when the king is kidnapped! Even if he rejects it, you’ll have 100% warscore because you have the king! Enforce demands and BAM, you got the achievement.
This achievement took me 12 years to complete, only one try. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems! Enjoy the easy achievement while you can!
- Crusader Kings III – Winning War Guide (Easiest)
- Crusader Kings III – How to Get Rid of All Vassals (Dominate Guide)
- Crusader Kings III – How to Discipline Your Vassals
- Crusader Kings III – Guide to Getting Land of the Rus Achievement
- Crusader Kings III – How to Become Emperor of France (Tips for Vassal, Family, and More)
- Crusader Kings III – How to Prevent Wars (Especially Separate)
- Crusader Kings III – Guide to Diplomatic Range, Exclaves, and More
- Crusader Kings III – Ireland Guide (Vassal, Gold, King, and More)
- Crusader Kings III – Guide to Perfecting Offspring (Incest, Baby, and More)
- Crusader Kings III – How to Be Successful (Golden Rules)
- Crusader Kings III – How to Make Your Child Super Ruler (Trait, Skill, and More)
- Crusader Kings III – How to Locate Special Buildings (List), and Their Effects
- Crusader Kings III – How to Find and Fix Configuration File Problems
- Crusader Kings III – Guide to Gold, Prestige, Piety, and More
- Crusader Kings III – Guide to Vassal, Titles, War, and More