Guide to getting Land of the Rus achievement in Crusader Kings III.
Guide to Getting Land of the Rus Achievement
Goal of achievement: Make Empire of Russia as Rurik ‘Troublemaker’ of Holmgardr.
Land of the Rus
Starting as Rurik the Troublemaker in 867, lead your Dynasty to rule the Empire of Russia
- Select lifestyle ‘Chivalry focus’.
- Taking ‘Bellum Justum’ perk (gain -50% bonus cost for casus belli) at the left branch is enough if Overseer or Gallant branch is already taken at a start.
- If you get left branch at the take 3 perks at gallant branch (Stalwart Leader, Chivalric Dominance and Never Back Down).
Note: In 872 select Medicine Focus and learn all of Whole of Body branch
- Choose task of your spouse to Manage Domain.
- Move Rally Point of your Army to a border with Chiefdom of Vodi and declare war on them for county.
- Repeat with Polotsk. Grant extra domain to any courtier.
- Create Kingdom of Novgorod and duchy Luki (You should make it to receive CB “Subligination”).
- Hire 4-5 light footmen man-at-arms (Waiting for refill).
- After refilling we are going to raid Minsk. When we completely raid all this lands to ash – than declare war with CB “Subligination”.
- Become slavic and slovianska pravda (slovianskan).
- Vassalize all possible tribals, expect Kiev (If you don’t have enough relations with tribals for vassalization – send them a gift).
- Start raids against Kiev, when we completely raid all these lands to ash – then declare war with CB “Conquer duchy Kiev” (AI likes go to siege you capital while you siegeing him).
- If you are lucky enough, now you have only tribals with slavic and slovianska pravda(slovianskan) and you can vassalize them.
Now the main thing before you create Empire Russia:
- Turn your armies to the east and conquer all lands here in de-jure Empire Russia.
Note: Use CB “Conquer duchy” and don’t break peace treaty.
- Turn your armies to the west and do the same thing.
Note: Do not grant any duchy titles to anyone and keep in mind to change vassals culture and religion.
- By this moment you should form the Empire of Russia, but there is a chance that your ruler died, that’s why we chose Medicine Focus and Whole of Body branch.
- It took me 38 years of lazy gameplay, where 2 years I wasted to get enough gold to create a title.
- Crusader Kings III – Guide to Vassal, Titles, War, and More
- Crusader Kings III – How to Get Rid of All Vassals (Dominate Guide)
- Crusader Kings III – How to Get Carolingian Consolidation Achievement
- Crusader Kings III – How to Prevent Wars (Especially Separate)
- Crusader Kings III – How to Become Emperor of France (Tips for Vassal, Family, and More)
- Crusader Kings III – Winning War Guide (Easiest)
- Crusader Kings III – Ireland Guide (Vassal, Gold, King, and More)
- Crusader Kings III – How to Be Successful (Golden Rules)
- Crusader Kings III – Combat Guide (Stats, Soldier, Damage, and More)
- Crusader Kings III – How to Locate Special Buildings (List), and Their Effects
- Crusader Kings III – Guide to Gold, Prestige, Piety, and More
- Crusader Kings III – How to Find and Fix Configuration File Problems
- Crusader Kings III – Guide to Diplomatic Range, Exclaves, and More
- Crusader Kings III – How to Choose Good Guardian and Educate Ward/Child (Best Ways)
- Crusader Kings III – How to Discipline Your Vassals