A guide on how to fix multiplayer (playing with friends) in Craftopia.
How to Fix Multiplayer (Playing with Friends)
A guide to get multiplayer / coop working.
I only got this game for multiplayer. I struggled for a little to get it working. People who want to get multiplayer working should read this to save yourself trouble. You must follow this entire thing to get it working – it’s super simple-ish. I will help you <3.
The devs have stated multiplayer is definitely in alpha state. The only game breaking thing I have found is that when you your frames will drop to 10-15 FPS. Super easy to fix, run to an open area, save your game, and restart your game completely (that means close it silly). I say run to an open area before quitting because the first time I did this I ended up below the entire world. Thankfully you can swim out from the terrain and play normally again.
Cracks fingers to get multiplayer working follow me – only the host needs to do this!
You need to port forward. I figured all of this out in like 30 minutes but I had some general knowledge of how to do it before and I’m stubborn as hell (thanks mom!).
I know people don’t read on the internet so I will say this again – only the host needs to do this!
- Run command prompt (windows search “cmd”, run Command Prompt)
- Type “ipconfig”, hit enter
- Scroll down till you see the “IPv4 Address” and copy those numbers down (example: 192.168.1.47) – dont close this window yet!
- This is your computers IP address and we will use this later, keep this window open and…
- Look for the entry “Default Gateway …….. ##############”
- You should see a bunch of letters numbers. What is important is the numbers that look like this “192.168.1.1”
- This is your router’s IP address (take a deep breath… exhale… and let’s continue…).
- Open up your internet browser.
- Type your router’s IP address in the URL bar (mine is 192.168.1.1), hit enter.
- You will get a warning that says “THIS SITE IS NOT SAFE” ooooOoOOo spooky, not really, click the “more options” at the bottom of that warning and then click “Continue” or “Proceed”
- Typical username/password for a router is something like admin/admin or admin/password.
- Once you log in, this is where you’ll need to click around the menus to find what you are looking for. All routers are different.
- You may also need to set the control panel to “Advanced” so you can see “Router Settings” or “Access Control” — for me, my “Port Forwarding” was under ” Access Control”
- Add a new rule under “Port Forwarding” that is like so:
- Give it some name “Omg im doing it mom – Craftopia”.
- External Host: leave this blank.
- Internal host: this your IPv4 address from #3.
- Protocol: TCP.
- External Port: 8787-8790.
- Internal Port: 8787-8790.
And one more time we’re going to celebrate!
- We add another rule…
Give it some name “Again? ugh…Craftopia”
- External Host: leave this blank
- Internal host: this your IPv4 address from #3
- This ones different >>> Protocol: UDP <<<
- External Port: 8787-8790
- Internal Port: 8787-8790
- Save / Apply / Whatever.
- Craftopia – How to Play Online with Friends
- Craftopia – How to Change Language and Fix Online Issues
- Craftopia – Save File Location
- Craftopia – Guide to Getting Lightsaber
- Craftopia – How To Get Leather And Fish
- Craftopia – How to Farm Easily (Lots of Wheat)
- Craftopia – How to Work Respawn Resources and Get Bones
- Craftopia – Spell and Their Characteristics Guide