A guide to how to extract music from Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection and modify (and build the open source) Dll files.
How to Extract Music from Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection?
1. Download a copy of OSBIGEditor64Bits.zip located at the following website:
2. Extract OSBIGEditor64Bits.zip into any folder you choose and run bigeditor.exe
3. In the program Select File –> Open –>.
4. Navigate to default install directory:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\CnCRemastered\Data
- Custom location for game install files.
5. Select “MUSIC.MEG”
6. Select all the files in the left tab that have the file extension “.WAV”
7. Drag and drop the highlighted files to your desktop.
8. Extracted music will be located in a folder on the desktop called DATA
(Specific directory is Desktop\DATA\AUDIO\MUSIC)
9. Enjoy Hell March Remastered.
How to Modify DLL Files?
Required DownloadsYou’ll need the following installers to do this:
- The Windows 8.1 SDK from the Earlier releases section of the Windows SDK Archive
- Visual Studio 2019 Community from the Visual Studio website
Installing Visual Studio and Windows 8.1 SDK
Now that you’ve got your downloads, it’s time to install Visual Studio! Note that Visual Studio Code will not work for this, as you need to build the .dll files once you make changes, so you need the full Visual Studio install.
Make sure to select the following components:
- MSVC v141 – VS 2017 C++ x64/x86 build tools (v14.16)
- C++ ATL for v141 build tools (x86 & x64)
- C++ MFC for v141 build tools (x64 & x64)
There are many other options and you can look through them all at your leisure during this step as well.
For the Windows 8.1 SDK, simply run sdksetup.exe and go through the whole setup process. You can untick all options except for the Windows 8.1 SDK itself.
Modifying and Building the DLL
Now that everything is there, you can safely open the CnCRemastered.sln file located in SOURCECODE within your game installation, or obtain the code from the CnC Remastered Github.
Once you have the solution loaded, if it asks to retarget the project, simply close that window without doing so. This is now the time to make your changes!
Once it’s finished and you want to build, press CTRL+B or right-click the project you are working on (either TiberianDawn or RedAlert) and click Build. You can find your built files in (Game install)/SOURCECODE/bin/Win32.
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – How to Add Rules.ini to Red Alert
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – How to Add Units
- Command and Conquer Remastered Collection – How to Use, Upload and Add Mods (Guide)
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – How to Upload Your Mod to Workshop
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – How to Fix Menu Icons and Resolution (7 Steps)
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – How to Cheat (Trainer)
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – How to Beat Stealth Generator, Building Repairs (Free), Defence
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – Guide to Strongest Tanks with Stats
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – Mission 5 (How to Complete Distant Thunder)
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – How to Get Secret Dino and Ant Mission
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – GDI: Dr. Mobius Mission (How to Complete)
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – Mission 6: GDI Hard Guide (Beatable SAM)
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection – Allied Campaign Missions (Walkthrough Hard Guide)