These are locations of all Proving Grounds and Circle of Slaughter in Borderlands 3.
How to Locate?
Proving Grounds #1 Trial of Survival
Starting Location: Pandora, Devil’s Razor
Name in Map Select: Gradient of Dawn
You come to Devil’s Razor during your second story visit to Pandora (fairly late in the game). This happens during main mission “Blood Drive”. Of course just like all the other trials you can return later (even after the story) to start the trial then. Do it any time after reaching this area and once you activated it, track it in your side quest marker. It brings you to area “Gradient of Dawn”.
Proving Grounds #2 Trial of Cunning
Starting Location: Pandora, The Splinterlands
Name in Map Select: Ghostlight Beacon
The Splinterlands are the area after Devil’s Razor and you also go there during main mission “Blood Drive”.
Proving Grounds #3 Trial of Discipline
Starting Location: Promethea, Meridian Outskirts
Name in Map Select: Precipice Anchor
You will automatically visit the Meridian Outskirts during main mission “Hostile Takeover”.
Proving Grounds #4 Trial of Instinct
Starting Location: Eden-6, Floodmoor Basin
Name in Map Select: Wayward Tether
The Floodmoor Basin is reached during main story mission “Hammerlocked”.
Proving Grounds #5 Trial of Fevor
Starting Location: Eden-6, Jakobs Estate
Name in Map Select: The Skydrowned Pulpit
Jakobs Estate is reached in main story mission “Lair of the Harpy”.
Proving Grounds #6 Trial of Supremacy
Starting Location: Nekrotafeyo, Desolation’s Edge
Name in Map Select: The Hall Obsidian
Nekrotafeyo is the very last planet you visit, near the end of the story. Desolation’s Edge is found in main mission “The First Vault Hunter”.
That’s all of the Proving Grounds / Trials in Borderlands 3 (BL3). After successfully completing all of them (opened the chest after the boss in each trial), you will earn the “100 Proof” trophy or achievement.
Cistern of Slaughter #1
Location: Promethea, Meridian Metroplex
The first Circle of Slaughter you can find is the “Cistern of Slaughter” in the middle of Meridian Metroplex. This is easy to overlook if you aren’t actively looking for it. Once inside that location, there’s an NPC with a quest marker you must talk to start the circle of slaughter, then take the elevator down.
The Slaughter Shaft #2
Location: Pandora, Konrad’s Hold
Near the end of the game, the story takes you through an area called Konrad’s Hold. Near the end of the area, there’s the entrance to The Slaughter Shaft. Once inside, talk to the NPC there to begin the Circle of Slaughter.
Slaughterstar 3000 #3
Location: Nekrotafeyo, Side Mission: “Slaughterstar 3000”
This is found on the last planet. It’s part of side quest “Slaughterstar 3000”, which only shows up when you get really close to its location. By default it doesn’t show up on the map, you must go there yourself to see the quest marker. Accept the mission and it will have you return to Sanctuary. Do so and interact with the console in the command room. Now you can select “Slaughterstar 3000” as a destination and go through the drop pod in the cargo hold to enter this area. It’s now unlocked as its own “planet” for fast travel.
That’s all 3 Circles of Slaughter in Borderlands 3 available at launch. More might be added through future updates or DLC.
- Borderlands 3 – Complete (100%) Achievement Guide (How to Obtain)
- Borderlands 3 – How to Locate Best Torgue Weapons (Legendary)
- Borderlands 3 Bounty of Blood – 100% Achievement Guide
- Borderlands 3 Bounty of Blood – Hunted and Helpful Hunter Achievement, Full Game Walkthrough
- Borderlands 3 (Bounty of Blood) – New All Achievements Guide
- Borderlands 3 – Locked” in Sanctuary (How to Use Fast Travel)
- Borderlands 3 – Gigamind Walkthrough (How to Kill Boss)
- Borderlands 3 – How to Customize Items (Cheat Editor)
- Borderlands 3 – Save File Location
- Borderlands 3 – Fustercluck Off Achievement (Mission List)
- Borderlands 3 – How to Fix Fps Drops, Crashes and Freezing
- Borderlands 3 – Guide to AFK Purple Gun Farm (Works with Zane)
- Borderlands 3 – How to Use Golden Keys and Redeem All Shift Codes (August 2020)
- Borderlands 3 – All Shift Codes: July 2020
- Borderlands 3 – [Easiest Way] How to Skip Intro (Loading Screens)