A guide on how to boost FPS (the best settings) in Battlefield 2042.
How to Boost FPS (The Best Settings)
Go to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Battlefield 2042\settings\PROFSAVE_profile (copy it before you make changes so you have a backup)
Change to these
- -GstRender.ShadowQuality 2 to GstRender.ShadowQuality 0
- -GstRender.Dx12Enabled 0 to GstRender.Dx12Enabled 1
- -GstRender.WeaponDOF 1 to GstRender.WeaponDOF 0
in your settings file.
Save before you close it.
Click the Start button and search “Exploit Protection”,
switch to “programm settings” and select “choose exact file”.
Navigate to your game folder and select “BF2042.exe”, press Open.
Then go to “Control Flow Guard” and check “Override System Settings” and Turn it Off.
Click on Apply.
Repeat for “BF2042_launcher.exe”.
Press Apply and restart your PC.
Update your Drivers and Windows
You can also set Process priority to high:
While BF is running
- Start Task Manager (Right Click on the Start Bar and select Task Manager)
- Click on the Details tab
- Right Click on “BF2042.exe” and select “Set Priority”
- Select “High”
Type this in console “render.resolutionscale 1” and “PostProcess.DofMethod DofMethod_None” (without quotes).
Also turn off:
- Chromatic aberration
- Film Grain
- Lens Distortion
Nvidia Reflex Low Latency: Enable + Boost
DLSS only helps if your GPU is using a 100%.
Some Nvidia users have a better framerate if they use a older Game Ready Driver.
- Battlefield 2042 – Save File Location
- Battlefield 2042 – How to Get All Achievement List
- Battlefield 2042 – How to Fix Grenades and Double Sprint