A guide on how to fix the “CSOM MilesAsync OpenOrFindFile (“audio\ship\general_japanese.mstr”) failed to open files; try resyncing” or any other language the issue appears in (Apex Legends).
How to Fix the Issue
1. Change the game to Japanese (or your preferred language) in its settings.
2. After the download is finished go to “Steam\steamapps\common\Apex Legends\audio\ship” copy BOTH “general_japanese.mstr” and “general_japanese_1.mstr” to a separate folder on your desktop.
3. Change your language back to Japanese this deletes the Japanese files from the audio folder and you will have to copy them back into the audio folder.
4. Run the game it should work.
This is how I fixed the issue for myself hope it helps others.
- Apex Legends (Steam) – How to Change Audio Language (Only)
- Apex Legends (Season 7) – Guide to Moving Origin to Steam
- Apex Legends (Season 7) – Changing the Frame Rate Cap
- Apex Legends (Steam) – Guide to Fixing FPS Stutters
- Apex Legends (Steam) – Save File Location
- Apex Legends (Steam) – How to Get All Achievements
- Apex Legends (Season 7) – Character Guide (Wraith, Gibraltar, Octane, and More)
- Apex Legends (Steam) – How to Improve FPS (Best Settings)
- Apex Legends (Steam) – Guide To Combat, Weapons, Movements, And More
- Apex Legends (Steam) – Best Advices for Inventory