This shows tips and tricks (counter for giant) for Age of Darkness: Final Stand.
Tips and Tricks
Counter for Giant
- A few stun-ballistas and arbalests in towers make short work of those giants.
- In the end the artillery nightmares will do more damage to your defenses then the big bois
- In this game only the strongest defense lines can hope to survive the later waves, BUT simply building multiple defense lines is a viable option
- A few breaches in your defenses aren’t as bad as they look, we can rebuild buildings/defenses quickly
- Heck, some players even went out of their way and had major success with melee units (Sentinels with attack speed/heal-on-kill)
- Build units, a lot of them. You need them anyway to expand your land. (To win the game you need quantity first and quality way later)
- Build a Storehouse close to every quarry you have. That will increase your output by 2 or 3 times. So you get 300 stones instead of your 110
- The strongest one is gold, if you optimize it you can get on a decent gold patch +1k6 per tick. Compared to TAB gold income comes mainly from mine and not taxes, housing is for early game income & workers ressource
- But later on stone and iron will be critical to build defense so eventually you will need every possible patch with an advanced quarry next to a warehouse
- And on your question, the best counter I found to giants is massing arbalest in tower & manually focus firing them (tower grant +100% dmg if you build your archer correctly). It’s a bit lame that priority targeting is not implemented yet but I suppose it should eventually be
- Age of Darkness: Final Stand – Building Base Guide
- Age of Darkness: Final Stand – Save Game Location
- Age of Darkness: Final Stand – How to Skip Intro